It’s Sunday morning and your family wants a special breakfast, but you don’t know what to fix? Whip together this super simple German Pancake! This one is made with berries, but you can add anything you’d like. You can even do it with no fruit at all. It still tastes great just with butter and syrup. At Sandlake Country Inn, we serve this German Pancake with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and Diane’s Homemade Granola. Shhhh, don’t tell your family it’s quick and easy! They’ll be sure to give you applause when you serve it.
German Pancake with Berries
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- Powdered Sugar, Maple Syrup or Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt & lemon zest
- Heat a 10-inch oven proof skillet over high heat on the stove. Add the butter and melt. Pour the batter into the skillet, then scatter the berries on top. Place pan in the oven, and bake until puffed and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Slice and serve, topped with powdered sugar, syrup and/or freshly whipped cream, as desired.
- This recipe is very adaptable to different baking dishes. For individual servings, pour batter into a small oval baking dish, sprinkle with berries and bake as directed
- This recipe can easily be adapted for gluten free (substitute Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Mix), dairy free (use almond or soy milk for liquid and vegan butter).