Our Green Lodging Commitment to the Planet and Our Guests
It’s official, Sandlake Country Inn is now a certified green lodging property! We were the first bed an breakfast on the Oregon Coast to have a green lodging certification. What does this mean? It means that we have met the guidelines of the Oregon Bed and Breakfast Guild’s “Green Inspection Program”. This program has been developed through a partnership with Sustainable Travel International.
Going “Green” doesn’t have to mean that you can’t enjoy luxury! In fact, most of our guests over the years have no idea that when they stay with us we are a “green” property.
Since we purchased the inn in 2001, we have made a commitment in our business practices to promote the sustainability of our planet’s natural resources. Green lodging doesn’t mean you miss out on anything! Here are a few things we have done to help
- Buy locally when possible
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products with all natural ingredients
- Use durable products instead of throw away
- Use e-mail for most all business communications
- All bubble baths & lotions are environmentally friendly…no chemicals, all natural products and not tested on animals
- Purchase our lotions & bubble bath in bulk & provide each guest room with reusable glass containers instead of disposable travel bottles
- When an appliance breaks, we’ve replaced it with an energy efficient appliance
- Replaced light bulbs whenever possible with LED bulbs
- Encourage our guests to reuse their towels if they feel comfortable doing so
- Reusable grocery bags when shopping
- Purchase organic free trade green coffee beans and roast onsite